Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 09, 2003

Owie



I took the bus home tonight and promptly stepped off onto some uneven ground and fell down. This is the third time this year. I didn't think I was hurt, but now both my ankle and back say otherwise. Well, as my mom always said, there was a reason I wasn't named Grace. Still, I suspect if I hadn't been exercising regularly, it could have been worse.

I think the Power Yoga was a mistake the other day...so many lunges up and down. For one, I discovered muscles where I didn't even realise I had them (like on either side of the 'cleft in the buttocks' to put it nicely). But that's fine--I was a little sore for a day but didn't think anything of it. But I also have a heel stone, which is the beginning of plantar fasciitis, and although I don't think I've been overdoing the walking I could see where the bouncing of the Power Yoga might have aggravated it. So, I took some Tylenol, took a day off from my workout, and I am hoping to do my regular cardio workout tomorrow. I'll save the Power Yoga for after I can get my feet, legs, and knees properly conditioned.

I also got word from Dwana, whose friend Aaron also joined and actually got a tour, that there is a pool hidden in the downtown club. It's under the cardio theatre. So I definitely plan on checking that out!

I am SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad this week of hell is over. Work has been difficult given the cutbacks. One good thing, though, I figured out how to get my entire electronic catalogue onto my PDA with SmartList, a database program for the handheld. I also figured out how to get barcodes to work on that database. I can now enter a barcode and then later scan a book and it'll automatically search the records for a match. None of the other programs did that so easily. Now I have to see if I can get the hospital to spring for $49 for the program. The IT diden't think it would be a problem, since it's so cheap.

Anyway, that's all the update I have for now. Have a good weekend.

No comments: