Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 05, 2012

I'm burning up

The temperature is 67 degrees outside. I had all three windows open, with the fan in the bedroom on high, and I was very hot. I had to shut the windows for the evening, as 1) I live on the ground floor and 2) there's a line of storms bringing cold Canadian air through tonight, so it'll get down to 45 and only get up to 58 tomorrow at best, hence no reason to put on the air conditioner tonight. I don't know if it's just hot and muggy or if I'm having trouble regulating my body temperature these days. So I'm drinking something cold in the hopes of cooling down a bit.

On that note, I ordered a small fan from Amazon to circulate the air a bit in my cubicle. It's five inches across and plugs into either an AC plug or USB. It's not a major cooling fan like the fancy one I saw that you put water into a sponge, I didn't really need that. But I've been getting a bit stuffy, not so much hot as that. I'm hoping this works out. I also ordered a friend's birthday gift so that it can get here in time. We're going to Alfalfa's the first weekend of November (the weekend after his birthday) to celebrate. I haven't been there in awhile and I'm looking forward to it.

The drink isn't really helping. I feel just sticky. I think I'll go lie down in front of the fan without the comforter over me. I may have to break down and take a cool shower. Good night.

No comments: