Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 04, 2012

After talking with YKWIA

for quite some time on the phone, I have decided to heed his advice concerning the tourist venue of choice (I do sometimes heed his advice, despite what he may tell you). Having a logical mind, he very rightly pointed out that I would enjoy the Field Museum more than an art museum because I have a science background, love natural history, and will actually understand what I'm seeing much more than I would looking a pretty pictures whose significance I don't really know much about (art history was something I learned as a conjunct to history and classics, but it would be better to go if I could take him along, since he has both studied art history and is an artist as well; sadly, I cannot do so.) Not to mention, the thought of a T. Rex skeleton (and I believe Sue is the one that Harry Dresden rode in one of Jim Butcher's books) warms my science geek heart. So the Field Museum it is. :) Now if I can just get that extra day off.

No comments: