Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, October 28, 2012

I almost watched something on TV this morning

It was the pilot episode of a show I really enjoyed as a kid, called 'Voyagers!' with Jon-Erik Hexum and Meeno Peluce. It was on G4 and there were a couple of other episodes after. But it hasn't been remastered and the video and audio quality were such that I decided not to watch. But I remember the show well. I had a crush on Jon-Erik Hexum. He sadly was killed during filming of another series where he put a gun loaded with a blank to his head and pulled the trigger, not realising it had enough force to kill. I remember that too--didn't have to look it up.

'Voyagers!' was the story of a young boy plucked out of his time by a time traveller who had a watch-like time machine but who didn't have the operating manual or a great sense of history, either. They got into adventures in the wild west, during Nazi times, etc. It lasted a season. According to Wikipedia, it had 20 episodes and is on DVD. I wonder if the quality is any better on that?

No comments: