Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 12, 2012

Oh.

"I think this is what pain feels like."--Captain Hammer, Dr.Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

It's not unbearable, but bad enough whenever I move at all. I iced everything earlier (foot, ankle, and both knees) and that helped, including with the swelling. It's almost time to take another dose of pain medicine, after which I'll no doubt miss two hours as I sleep. It doesn't make me sleepy, I just go out. Can't understand why people abuse them, as they don't make me high at all. Apparently Percoset is the best thing for me. Now Lortab does make me high, and itch horribly, so I won't let them give it to me. I didn't like that feeling at all.

I had to charge my phone due to the well-wishes from my friends, coworkers, and Facebook people (some of that overlaps quite a bit). It was rather heartwarming. I remember last year when I was doing my advanced funeral planning, I remember thinking how many people would come. I don't have a ton of friends, after all. Well, I almost found out. The fact that it could have been far worse is still sinking in. If he'd been going faster, as many do at that light, if I'd hit my head, etc. I might have died. These are all very sobering thoughts. Fortunately, I may not have walked away, but I wasn't critically injured, either.

Okay, time for the pill, and back to sleep. I haven't felt like reading or doing much else today. Hopefully I'll feel up to more tomorrow.

No comments: