Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I never actually fell asleep

but I almost dozed a moment or two. It wasn't the pain. I think it was just being a little revved up from going out. Plus every now and then I got an e-mail and the sound it makes on my phone is the same as for a text message. If I'd turned the phone down, I might have missed a call. So, I kept waking up with each e-mail, mostly political, 'vote for us' stuff. Since I've already voted, it's doing no good for them, and I'm not sending in money that I don't have within 10 days of an election. I'm irritated with all the e-mails I've received from the party and the campaigns--and yes, I'm talking about the Democrats, but I'm sure the Republicans are just as bad. They were averaging about five-seven a day for awhile, and I was also receiving some from some Florida Congressman whom I've never heard of and can't vote for because I live in an entirely different state. Also, 'come knock on doors' in Ohio seems kind of pushy since I'm not in Ohio. Well, you get the idea.

Regardless of all that, I did actually get some rest, and feel somewhat rejuvenated. I surfaced for food (another half portion of tortilla chips with black bean dip, as well as some sugar-free shortbread cookies). It looks positively dark and icky outside. My computer says it's 38 degrees. Winter really is just around the corner. We've been spoiled by relatively fine weather, I suppose. But I won't complain, because this is what we're getting of Hurricane Sandy, and millions of others are affected horribly. I am so glad that I do not live on the coast. With my mobility down, I would be at a higher risk for problems in the centre of a major disaster like that. I only today got some keys made for Brandon and YKWIA so if I fall or otherwise need help, I can call and they can get into my apartment.

I also talked with A earlier on the phone. He thanked me for his gift (a CD of the Zombies from the 1960s) and he's off for a few days' vacation so he may come visit me soon. When I was over earlier, he asked me when a good day would be and it amused Brandon terribly that I had to think because of course, with the exception of an appointment coming up, I'm home. I don't really have a full calendar these days. :)

Okay, I think I'll check on the news and then head to the bedroom for some reading. I had to charge up the Kindle. I hadn't been able to read in the dim light very well, so I had let its battery run down. I also have some books out from the library I'd like to go through.

No comments: