Yea! The Friday Five is back!
1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year? Finishing DBT/scoring low on the depression scale/not being hospitalised for suicidal thoughts.
2. What was your biggest disappointment? Having a travel request for a conference in San Diego next year denied after trimming my budget down to a lower amount than this year to build up the travel fund (so now, no trip, and less money anyway) along with a general lack of support from my current administration. I miss Kathy so much. She was both flexible (I don't think I could have done my job through all the health issues I had without her) and cared about my professional growth. I could handle being underpaid, etc. with that support. Now how and whether I do my job seems secondary to politics. I think the only way that I can hope to have a reasonable quality of life and advance in my career is to find another position, which is a shame. But I'm ready for a change. :)
3. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions? Oh, probably. Last year was the year of getting mentally healthy. Next year I'm going to work on getting physically healthy, which mainly involves exercising and taking care of myself.
4. Where will you be at midnight? Do you wish you could be somewhere else? I'll probably be curled up with my animals. Not really. I'd rather be relaxed and happy than dancing and getting drunk. Spending time with friends or family would be my second choice, and most of my friends have significant others who they probably want to be with.
5. Aside from (possibly) staying up late, do you have any other New Year's traditions? I usually watch the ball drop in New York, although I don't see much point in watching all the hyped-up stuff before and after. I try to clean house and toss out the old, so to speak. And it's a night of religious observance, because it's a liminal point in terms of time, so I usually give a libation to Hekate, my Patroness, who oversees boundaries of time and space.
I'll blog a little later about how things are going. For now, I'm off to look at some post-Christmas sales and then I'm off through New Year's! Yippee!