Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 27, 2012

I am burning up

No, I don't have a fever; I checked. It's 68 degrees in the apartment with no heat on and 48 degrees outside. I don't feel well, but I couldn't stand to be in the hot bed anymore, even with the large fan, so I'm out in the living room with the little desk one going.

I was going to have a drink of cold diet soda, and so I put it in a bag, along with some Jello-O and a fork. (Yes, a spoon is the preferred way to eat Jell-O, but I was out of them, and it can, if you're careful, be done.) But I punctured the soda can when the fork went in and had to drink it quickly. Then when I went to eat the Jell-O, half the cup fell off into the floor, because of course, I'm messy at the best of times, was using a fork with Jell-O, and for some reason ever since this happened I shake a bit when I eat sometimes, ensuring that the Jell-O went to the nether regions of the floor. I can see it, but I can't get to it. So there's your fun visual for the day. Welcome to my life at the moment.

PS I managed bit by bit and with a great deal of determination to get the Jell-O off the wooden foot massager it was on and into a plastic bag to be thrown away. Yes, the universe mocks me, and tells me it is better to go ahead and wash your spoons than try something silly like eating Jell-O with a fork.

No comments: