Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 20, 2012

I woke up at a loss

for what to do today. The ballot application is already in the mailbox. My mound of paperwork is almost completed and will be sent out Monday. But my Saturdays and Sundays are normally just as full or fuller than my workweek, and I'm just not used to not having a schedule, not having to go out and do things, or not having someone depending on my for something. So this morning I woke up and I knew I didn't want to stay asleep, but didn't really know what to do next, because I don't really feel up to much of anything. Even the Internet can work its magic only so long.

What I should do is get some breakfast and embrace a new day. But I'm not hungry. I could play some more Jewels Legend (I made it to level 19 last night), but I feel odd spending my life playing video games. Reading is more enriching, but I don't feel like reading much and haven't since my accident. I can't call YKWIA; it's Sabbath. And my other friends have been so good, but they don't need me calling and interrupting what they're doing just because I'm not feeling up to amusing myself. I don't feel like watching TV or Netflix right now. I don't know. Maybe I will go back to bed.

No comments: