Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I actually managed to stay awake for about three hours

But then I crashed, big time, in the middle of a texting session with Brandon. I am hurting all over, not just the foot but my off knee and my arms from lugging myself around within the apartment occasionally. I called a coworker who had offered a ride if I decided to go in tomorrow and left a message to say I didn't feel up to it yet. I'll have to make a lot of calls in the morning to help them get my stuff done, but I have to go with what's best for me at the moment. About the only way I would feel okay about going in tomorrow is if I could use one of the larger wheelchairs there. I can keep it together for about ten feet on the walker at a time, whereas if I'm put in a boot Tuesday with some weight bearing I might be okay. Of course, they might cast me. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I have seen the x-rays. They're not fun. So for now I am icing my splint a little and trying to stay awake.

I did speak to my mom earlier. She had not had her phone with her yesterday and had not seen the email I sent, so when I told her I was okay, she was happily giving updates on my grandmother and such, and then I mentioned the getting hit by a car thing and she was shocked. We talked for awhile.

I also was feeling a little lonely and spoke to YKWIA for awhile. He apparently told Brandon that putting me on crutches was like a boulder with toothpicks in terms of safety. I so agree with the visual.  :-)

There I am, getting tired again. I think I'll nap a bit after taking the ice off. Just a bit. And maybe listen to some relaxing music, like Loreena McKennitt.

No comments: