Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm in pain, but

I only have seven more pills, so I'm going to try to hold out for six hours between them rather than four for the rest id the prescription.

I sent my mom an email explaining what happened.

The walker is helping, although the hopping with the bad foot up only works for short distances, really, with my knee the way it is. I am beginning to get a grater appreciation of what our patients do everyday.

I think it would be best to go back to work after my doctor's appointment, when I'm out of the splint and into something better, and I have a better idea what's going on. Because I still do not have a backup person at work for part of my job, I've been thinking of ways to get it done, and I think I have a solution. As far as the library goes, I have email and can respond to article requests even on the tablet.  I'll have to set my Docline status as temporarily not receiving requests. The problem is the data entry. I have a backup on the referrals, at least. The other unfortunate thing is that while I have guides on how to do my data entry job, one of them becomes obsolete Monday, and it's something I only understood when we went over it as I was already familiar with the process. I am not sure I can explain it to someone who isn't over the phone. So that may have to wait for my attention Wednesday.

I haven't mentioned what this could mean for the Chicago trip. I won't know really until I see the doctor. It takes about 4-6 weeks for bones to heal without complications. The trip is in four. If I'm in a boot, there may be no problem. If I am in a cast, there may be, or, and please let us not have to consider this, if I have to have surgery, as that might mean having to cancel. So, I am not going to worry about it until I know more Tuesday.

PS I was looking at the police report, which includes a diagramme of the scene. I am a little figure on the ground, labeled Unit 2. Unit 1 is the driver, who happens to live in the same complex I do. It was apparently a Corolla that ran over my foot. Thank goodness it wasn't an Escalade our some other large SUV. The report is accurate. Yes, he should have yielded, but he apparently didn't see me at all. I am not sure why, as visibility was good. I won't speculate. I find myself oddly not upset at him. I just wish it had not happened, obviously.

No comments: