Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 19, 2012

I got my absentee ballot application very quickly

and will send it back tomorrow. We have these locking mail boxes at our apartments (fortunately mine is on the other side of my living room wall), but when we want to send a piece of mail, we put a note saying 'outgoing' on our box and the postal carrier knows there's mail to go out inside. So, I'm glad for that.

I've had a hard time getting comfortable today. I wanted to take a nap earlier but couldn't fall asleep. I just ate a bit [roasted pine nut hummous and pita bread] and I think I'm going to try again.

I tried to watch TV earlier, but the only thing that was on that looked interesting was Thirteen Ghosts, and then I realised I'd already seen it, years ago with YKWIA, back when SyFy was SciFi. :) So I may watch a little Netflix later instead. It depends on how I feel.

It was kind of nice and sunny earlier, albeit windy, but now it's rainy and gloomy. It's cool, too. We're supposed to have a warm up next week, I think, and then autumn will really set in.

I had a double Filet-o-Fish meal at McDonald's today. That's four times I've had fast food (twice at McDonald's, twice at Taco Bell) in the last week, which is more than I eat fast food in probably three or four months at a time. I usually eat cafeteria food, but of course that's not happening now. Most of what I'm eating is pretty simple, usually cold or microwaved.

Brenda washed a few more dishes today and helped me with some things. I am very lucky to have good friends. We still haven't solved the laundry issue. I think another friend who has a washer and dryer in his house might do mine if I send it over with someone. That would be great.

Okay, I am definitely sleepy, and a little cold. I need to turn the air conditioner off, as the temperature is only 53 outside and will no doubt drop tonight. I don't normally run it in the autumn, but I was hot last night. I'll try to write later.

No comments: