Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 11, 2015

Wow

In the two hours since I got off work:
  • One person tried to make a one-lane area two lanes at Rosemont Garden and Southland.
  • A motorcyclist straight from the left-turn lane, bypassing those of us who were in the correct lane at Southland and Nicholasville.
  • The traffic lights at an intersection were dark, and while most of us knew to treat it as a four-way stop, there were several cars that just barreled through the intersection on Alexandria Drive.
  • Someone else tried to merge into my lane where I was in the lane at after Harrodsburg and Rosemont Garden.
  • My car did a strange coughing shake when I started it while at the pharmacy.
  • My car barely started while I was at the Tates Creek library branch to pick up a book for a friend.
So...I went to my friend's house, gave him his medicine and the book, but left the car running. This means I won't be visiting tonight or watching 'Grimm' with him. On the way home, my other friend called to get a ride home. I was almost home and had to decline, as I'm not sure the car would continue to run, for which I'm very sorry. He understood, but it does mean that on the bus it'll be nearly 8 pm before he gets home, and he called me about 5:30. :(

No comments: