Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 24, 2015

One more thing I'm going to try to do today

I was playing some old tapes the other day, on Yule Night, pagan tapes that aren't available in CD as far as I know, and whose singers are, well, mostly dead, but were very important back in the 1980s. I'd love to be able to listen to them on my phone. I was looking at how to transfer from tape to .mp3 and really, I have a portable tape player (not a Walkman, but the same sort of thing), I have a male-to-male standard 3.5 mm connector. So in theory, if I download software (Audacity was recommended, as it is free and useful), I can take the player, plug one end of the connector to the headphone jack on it, plug the other into the microphone jack of my computer, and transfer them that way. It might take some finagling, but I think it will work.

PS I did find that I can, just like I plug my phone into a speaker with that connector, do the same thing with the portable tape player. Now I just have to find an AC adapter that will work with it so I don't run down the batteries much.

No comments: