Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 05, 2015

I'm slowly getting things straightened up here

I've washed the dishes, put up the holiday decorations, vacuumed, and put some of the things back in the closet. I'm very sweaty now, and I think I'm going to wait till the radio countdown is over (in about 30 minutes--we're up to #5), take a shower, then do laundry and work out at the same time. Yes, I'll get sweaty again, but I can't go anywhere like this. Then I'll work on the other closets, do general straightening up, and go from there. At this point I don't know if I'll go over to my friends' house or not--it's almost noon, after all. This has taken awhile. But I'll let them know sometime this afternoon if I don't. A wasn't going to be available till about 6:30 or 7 pm anyway, so it may still work out that we can go to the store, and I can get everything else finished, or watch 'Grimm' with YKWIA. But we may be able to do that Sunday since there won't likely be a game.

When my friends gave me the tree last year, they also gave me a bunch of ornaments that I used last year that had been one of their mothers'. This year I put my stuff on the tree first, and a few things that came with the tree, like the red, white, green, and blue tree skirt, a garland, and a snowman ornament. But really, once I got my stuff on there, it looked fine. I did get a strand of LED lights, so I have some that are cylindrical and the older ones I had that are globes on there. Add some 'holographic' snowflakes and plastic and glass icicles, and I don't think I need much else. :) Most of the other ornaments are red and white, and while I don't have a colour theme, really, I think I'll overload the tree if I put too much on it. So I think I'll stop. A does have a colour theme on their tree, courtesy of YKWIA, who is an artist, in purple and gold, so the red and green ornaments don't work with them. That's one reason I wound up with them. If I decide not to use them, I may go ahead and donate them to Goodwill or something. But for now I'll just keep them in their boxes.

No comments: