Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I currently do not have Internet access at home

and for whatever reason, when I tried to either use my phone as a hotspot or tether it through USB so I could get the laptop online, it wouldn't bring up Google Chrome, and when it finally did, it wouldn't connect to the Internet.  Phooey.  I suspect it was trying to download the waiting Windows update, and I only have 5 GB of hotspot/tethering data, so I didn't want that to happen, and it was acting stuck, as it won't download over a metered connexion (and I'm not sure that counts as one), but it's not a super-duper fast connexion as far as I know, something that could handle a Windows update.   So I decided I'd just have to blog on the phone, but of course, that's a problem for any long posts because after you swipe for awhile (although that's better than hunting and pecking on the pop-up keyboard), your hands start to cramp and tire.  But, then I remembered that back when I used my tablet more, I had gotten a little Bluetooth keyboard.  It never worked with my tablet particularly well, being very slow, but I think that was because the tablet was an entry-level old one, with an old form of Bluetooth, that just couldn't keep up.  So I decided to try the keyboard with my phone, and it works beautifully.  I am typing away right now.  The main thing is that is is smaller than a notebook keyboard, and the delete key is much bigger than the backspace, so it's easy to confuse them.  But it flows much easier.  And since I have unlimited data on my phone, I can type to my heart's content on Blogger, Facebook, e-mails, whatever. :)

Now you may ask, why didn't I just blog from the library, which has free Wi-Fi? Well, to be honest, I was a little tired, and didn't want to spend any more time in the chair pecking away at my computer.  I came home, ate something, got comfy, and then decided to go online, with mixed results.  So the keyboard does solve an issue.

Okay, now I have to work on a book review that's due Thursday.  I'd like to get it in tomorrow.  Good night (at least for now).

No comments: