Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A long day

but a productive one.   Work was good, and I spent two hours in check-out and navigated some of the challenges there without too much trouble.  Afterwards, I did my data entry, and then after work a friend and I had appointments with our physical therapists.  Then we came home,  YKWIA treated us to Long John Silver's., and we watched 'Doctor Who' while we ate.  I cried over the death of a Dalek, in the first episode in which they appeared in the revived series.  YKWIA has been showing me them from the beginning, with Eccleston and Billie Piper.  It was a good episode, and I cried over a mutated Dalek, the supposed last of his kind, only he wasn't really just a Dalek any more, and for a Dalek, there is only one solution to that conundrum.  I cry at the drop of a hat with anything sad on shows.  Oddly enough, when it's something really sad in real life, I might cry at say, the death of someone, when I first get the news of their passing, but I'm very stoic in my grief in public at say, the funeral, afterwards.  That's just my way.

I took A to get his bus pass and some creamer (coffee being an important staple in that household, and creamer being just as important, as they go hand in hand, at least for YKWIA).  Now I'm home, watching the fish swim about the bubbling fishtank, the fairy lights on the tree and around the windows, with the star lights twinkling between the living and dining areas.  THe sound of the aquarium is mesmorising, as if it could lull me to sleep without any trouble.

I am tired. I should work on the book review that's due tomorrow, but I think I'll rest and try to finish it tomorrow morning.  My head hurts and I'm still a bit sore from PT, and it would be great to just stretch out for a bit.  Tomorrow I can get up early and work things out.  It's short, just about 300-500 words or so.  I hate to leave it to the last minute, but well, I guess that's par for the course.

I plan to finish the game notes on either Thursday night or Friday during the day, as I am off for New Year's, and my friends have plans to stay in with 'American Horror Story' and piza, so I probably won't see them until Saturday.  That gives me an evening and then a whole day to do whatever I want.  I'm not used to such freedom.  I would like to finish the house--namely the bedroom; everything else is fine.  But that leaves plenty of time for game notes, DVD--watching, and reading, among other things.

Okay, I think I'll lie down and stretch things out a bir, maybe do my PT exercises.  One involves a strap and a pillow.  The others are variations of a pelvic lift.  I could do them on the table at the library, as they would help a lot over the course of the day, but I'm afraid someone would come in and wonder what the crazy person is doing lying on a table making strange motions on it  No, better to do them at home.  While I'm off I'd also like to do some exercising at the complex gym, especially as my pain has calmed down.  Yesterday I spent most of the day very, very tender, partly due to the ordinary pain and partly, I suspect, due to the deep muscle work my therapist did on Monday night.  He did the same things today, but there was a certain gentleness in his movements, and he was careful not to exacerbate the problem areas with too much pressure.  I really appreciated that.  I've gone to different physical therapists, and these people are by far the best--Choice PT over on Duval Street past Man O'War off Tates Creek.  They are very hands-on, rather than just giving you some exercises to go through.  Oh, they do that, too, but they also work on the muscles and various issues you have with deep massage and maipulation, and both my friend and I like them a lot and are getting better results.

Okay, going now.  I'll write sometime soon.

No comments: