Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Listening to:

I have loved this song since I first heard it about 1984 or 1985. I had several Depeche Mode vinyl records from that era, but this is my favourite of mine. It's very interesting when you have headphones on, too, as it really uses the stereo tracks well, with effects travelling from one side to another and back. It's a sad song, yes, and was very shocking back then, but I do like it. Keep in mind, I was a fairly depressed teenager, although I made it past that.



Oh, wow. we found the dark side of the playlist, as the next song played was Ben Folds Five's 'Brick', followed by Anna Nalick's '2 am', which both involve abortion, and the latter alcoholism. But hey, at least the sun is streaming in and all. :)

No comments: