Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Apparently

it takes me longer to recuperate from a workout than I thought it would. An hour later, actually. My feet still hurt quite a bit, even though I was in my diabetic New Balances. Maybe I should follow my podiatrist's advice after all. I told him about our little exercise room and he suggested the bike would be easier on my feet. It also did better for me on cardio (I only walked at about 2.3 miles/hour while on the treadmill, and 14 or 15 mph on the bike, but I got my breathing and heart rate up more with the bike). I never even broke a sweat on the walk, but didn't feel comfortable raising the speed above 2.5 mph. I do need to take my inhaler with me--I was wheezing with each breath there at the end and coughing a little bit, almost going into an asthma attack (mine is exercise induced). So I must remember to take that with me.

Anyway, I'm going to eat and then finish putting things back into closets, then clean off the dining room table and couch, and put some things away in the kitchen, and then go from there.

No comments: