Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Oh, I'm tired--but I've got good news!

It is harder to walk on one and a half feet than you might imagine. And it's something you do at a snail's pace (or, at least I do for now). Yes, I'm finally up to partial weight-bearing, using the walker, and while I've done fairly well, it does hurt and if I push it I can go about one way and back across the length of my apartment before I need to really sit down. I can also finally take a shower, although we didn't have room in the car for a shower chair, so I'm stuck until I can get that. I'm dreaming of warm water and a loofah.

I do, however, still have a great deal of therapy to do before I'm ready to go to work, according to the doctor, which was a bit of a disappointment, because of course I want to go back as soon as I possibly can. But the bones are still healing, I realise. So I'll just have to be patient.

Once I got home, I ate, spent some time on the phone informing various people of the results, worked on the bathroom a little (I think we can finally move the bedside commode off the toilet and use it normally. I needed the height before). Then I went back to the bedroom and slept for about an hour, and although I'm up and awake now, I'm still very tired. I don't think I'll have trouble sleeping tonight. But I didn't want to sleep the evening away, either, so here I am, posting.

It was nice to be out today. It was a little cool but nothing too bad, and it was sunny. I keep being surprised by Christmas decorations--really the holidays are passing me by. I have a few holiday cards on my door next to the get well ones, but that's it, and of course a few presents for various people close to me.

Alright, I'm going to go check the news. Hope your day brought good cheer like mine did.

No comments: