Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 27, 2011

So I finished an excellent book today

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs, which is a young adult story that I found very enjoyable. The title, of course, is intriguing in and of itself, as are the quaint photographs inside. I borrowed a copy from the library for my Kindle, and although the waiting list was not as great as the one for the physical copy, I waited about a month to check it out. I definitely recommend it, and I hope a sequel is forthcoming soon--I've read it's expected in spring 2013.

I definitely plan to get a copy of my own (in the physical sense, in fact). The Kindle isn't the best for reading the illustrations that involve handwriting, such as a couple of letters, although I managed. I also think YKWIA would enjoy this as well.

If you like fantasy books, particularly ones set in our own world, with monsters and heroes and peculiarness, you'll enjoy this book.

Here's the book trailer:


My favourite line in the book, which I will paraphrase here because I've already returned it to the library, is how much the narrator loved listening to Welsh people speak, even if he couldn't understand a blasted thing they said. :)

No comments: