Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yay, clean clothes!

I really wish my apartment had a washer/dryer hookup. Instead, we have a laundry room with twelve washers and dryers for a complex of over 200 apartments. It's under the leasing office, as well, so I have to schlep things over. But, that's part of the reason I have a granny cart, and I've learnt that going late at night ups your chances of doing multiple loads.

I have about two times the three loads I did left to do (it amazes me just how many clothes I have), but I just had the quarters for those. Still, that went pretty well. Usually I head back to the apartment and leave the machines going, but we've had some problems with people taking clothes and so I sat on the steps outside watching slugs have sex and talking to a friend on the phone. Later, when the drops of rain got a little more than just a light spitting, I went inside and since I was alone, played music off my phone without the headphones. It's got a pretty decent speaker.

Last night I got up in the middle of the night and cleaned like mad. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are the annual walk-throughs where the leasing staff inspect the apartment for leaks or other issues. I had things strewn about from when I was sick and didn't feel like cleaning up after myself, and I hadn't done the dishes. I took care of all that, plus cleaned the bathroom. My tub needs to be re-caulked (I've been here seven years). I wonder if they would do it for me, because a klutz like me probably shouldn't do anything with a caulk gun.

This evening I came in, had some vegetarian chili, and then took a nap even though my laundry was on much of the bed (the comfy chair is defunct; I really need to drag it out to the dumpster). I got up after 9 and started the laundry. I just got back in a little after midnight.

I'd like to watch a movie, but it's a bit late. I still have a DVD out from Netflix and I need to send it back. Perhaps I can watch it tomorrow.

On a totally random note, I was on Facebook earlier and found a link to the NBC-Universal store, which has plushie minions from Despicable Me in Halloween costumes. Aren't they cute? I love the minions. I feel a certain kinship with them (long story). Anyway, not something that I would get unless I had children, but fun. It puts me in the mood for Halloween.

No comments: