Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I was at the library earlier

and a man was curious as how to check Kindle books out, and I showed the librarian and him the entire process, something she hadn't actually seen since after you go through the library's Overdrive site you also go to Amazon. As a result, I have a dystopian novel, Children of Paranoia, on my Kindle. I may keep it; it sounds worth a read. But right now I'm making my way through Elizabeth Peter's Vicky Bliss novel number 3, Silhouette in Scarlet. Anyway, I got to be a truly helpful (as opposed to annoyingly helpful) librarian. Yay.

I also spent probably a couple hours all told texting a friend back and forth. It was good to hear from him, although I laugh because he's 28 years old and texting seems to be his preferred contact method. I've had to learn to do it well. I need to go through and wipe out some of the words that have made it into my Swype keyboard over the months I've used it. But I'm keeping 'Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'. See, whenever you use a word (or mistype one), it goes into the dictionary. Since you swipe your finger along the keyboard rather than type out each letter, it's fast and easy, and it predicts what you meant. It normally works fine. But I text on the bus, and buses are bumpy, so sometimes I wind up with not-words like 'nged' or such. And those you have to erase, but I've only now gotten the hang of doing so. :)

No comments: