Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 17, 2011

Just got in

and it's been a rather decent day, especially for a Monday. The weather was beautiful (it's supposed to turn cold in the middle of the week; I wore my sandals for what might be the last day for awhile). I got some good news on the financial front today, meaning that I can get some groceries over the next couple of weeks. Yay. They had soup bread bowls for lunch at work, and I had a nice broccoli cheddar one [I've been rather short on money lately due to a horrible mistake I made in not declining my featured selections for the Science Fiction Book Club. I think each book cost me about $245 after all the bank and late fees and such went through. I am not kidding or exaggerating. I have one more book to buy and then I think it's going to be 'sayanara, SFBC'. Fortunately soup is pretty cheap.]

I got quite a bit of work done and caught up with co-workers as well. Then a co-worker drove me to the store to pick up some things for a friend and dropped me off there. Then I was fed the best dinner I've had in quite some time, a baked tilapia dish with a sauce and shallots, a spinach soup, and a nice pasta salad. It's a far cry from the peanut butter I've been eating. Yay! Even hours later, my tummy is very happy and satisfied.

Okay, that's all for now. I should be getting home at a more reasonable hour tomorrow, so more blogging. Now I'm going to set the DVR for Craig Ferguson. According to the Doctor Who folks on Facebook, Matt Smith [the Eleventh Doctor] is supposed to be a guest, although it wasn't listed on the guide. We'll see. Good night.

No comments: