Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It would figure

So we had a severe thunderstorm warning that came and went a bit ago. There wasn't much rain, and just a little thunder. My co-worker got me home dry and happy (yay!) and then I decided to go to the laundry room for a Diet Coke. It was merely sprinkling. Then big drops started when I was halfway there. I got in just as it was pouring. And after all that?

The drink was sold out.

I could have hung out there until it let up, but it didn't show signs of it. In fact, it was thundering and lightning pretty violently, and the water was already forming large pools. So I came on back to my apartment, getting soaked in the process.

On the other hand, it has been a pleasant day, and the early part was actually pretty. We're about to have a massive cold front come through--the high tomorrow is supposed to be 50 degrees. Guess it's time for sweaters and jackets. :)

Okay, I think I'm going to grab a bite to eat and check the news.

No comments: