Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 21, 2011

Smacks forehead with hand

So there was one annoying detail about this morning I was having issues with. When I tried to go online and my service was suspended, a message came up saying as much. Unfortunately, even once the service came back up, every time I went to my start page, it would do that, even at times other than when my browser started up. Now, if this were an esoteric site of some sort, that wouldn't be a problem, really. But it was Google. I could get to iGoogle. I could search from my Google search bar. It wasn't the functionality I was necessarily missing. But I couldn't get the actual Google website to come up without that stupid message coming up, and it was just annoying. I tried restarting the computer. I tried restarting the modem. What I didn't think to do was clear the cache. Not at all. My brain was dead. It was an easy fix, but I actually had to call Insight and ask them about it because I didn't think of it on my own. For all that I use Firefox I'm not quite as familiar with it as Internet Explorer, although I prefer Firefox. And it's even easier to clear the cache in Firefox than IE, in my opinion, and yet, I didn't know how to do it. Thank you, Insight tech, for answering a relatively stupid question. I mean, I wouldn't consider it a stupid question if a patron asked me, because I don't expect them to be tech savvy. I do expect it of myself, though. Oh, well, at least I learned from it and will know next time. Gee.

No comments: