Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sorry I didn't post last night

I spent a lot of time on the computer, a bit on the phone, and a little in the comfy chair with fleece blanket and Snuggie over me. But on the computer I was doing things like updates and maintenance, plus going through and doing some financial stuff and looking up some things for a friend.

You're used to me not posting on Sunday nights, since I'm usually so tired from the game and possible Kroger runs. This week I was not just tired (I'd had three hours' sleep) but I was positively in shock. Our game master has waited 12 years to spring something on us that changes the entire gameplay, and he did it by luring us in with, of all things, a school pageant and the domesticity of childcare. Our faces must have been worthwhile. I still don't know where to go from here, and I've been thinking furiously because my character is in charge. We're facing our greatest challenge in all the years we've gamed, the biggest apocalypse with the scariest Cthulhu cultists, and our mystical abilities are just--gone. Even our special ninja swords are simply silver curios at this point. It changed everything. So I don't know if we're going to beat this one. The game master has always wanted to play a post-apocalyptic Cthulhu game....

Okay, off to work. No jeans day despite snow--the kids are on a 2 hour delay. I wonder if I could wear jeans for the first two hours I work? :)

No comments: