Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I really love this quote I came across today

From How to Build a Chickenosaurus: Extinction doesn't have to be forever, according to a renowned dinosaur expert visiting UK
"Kids really like dinosaurs, and the really neat thing is, kids can understand what I talk about," Horner explained. "They know more about dinosaurs than adults do. Sometimes, if I get too many adults in the lecture hall, I have to dumb it down."
Jack Horner is giving a talk at the University of Kentucky on genetic engineering of dinosaurs from their modern-day descendants--birds. The lecture is based on his book, How to Build a Dinosaur: Extinction Doesn’t Have to Be Forever. It's at 7:30 pm on Thursday, February 10th, at the Singletary Center for the Arts, and is free.

If I left work a little early, I could go to it. Hmmm....

No comments: