Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Books aren't the only precious things that go into night drop boxes

Dogs do, too, at least at our local humane society. Thankfully, a border collie/terrier mix of which I am very fond who was lost was found four or five miles away from home by a Good Samaritan who caught her, drove her across town, and dropped her in the night box so she wouldn't be hit by a car or otherwise harmed. Now she is back home and I plan on bringing her dog biscuits tomorrow. I am so happy she is safe. I prayed very hard to my Patroness, who among other thing is known as a Protectress of dogs, that she would be okay and find her way home safely. I'm going to give a libation of the rest of my burgundy tonight in thanks (I was going to as soon as I got home from work, but the police officer who lives across the hall was out and I didn't want to explain why 1) I had an open container of wine and 2) I was pouring said wine on the ground.)

Anyway, she is home and I am grateful. It's made for a much happier day.

No comments: