Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm sorry to hear

of Dixie Carter's passing from endometrial cancer at the age of 70.

Dixie Carter, TV Actress, Dies at 70

She was probably best known as Julia Sugarbaker in TV's 'Designing Women'.

One of my favourite moments:


Something I didn't know: Unlike her character, Dixie Carter was a Republican with libertarian leanings, according to Wikipedia. For every liberal speech she made on the show, there was apparently a deal with the producers to allow her a song (she was a beautiful singer). However, she was also a great supporter of the gay community.

All in all she was a classy woman, and I'm sorry that she has died. My thoughts and prayers go to husband Hal Holbrook, her two daughters, and others she touched.

No comments: