Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Up early

With the idea to work on game notes early in the week (well, earlier than Saturday, anyway). After days of rain there's not a cloud in the sky and it's quite sunny, although very cool.

I keep thinking it's Tuesday, when it's Wednesday. I lost time on Monday when I was feeling so awful and spent the day at home. The nice thing about this is pay day crept up on me and refilled my bank account whilst I was unsuspecting. :)

Yesterday's highlight was giving blood (I hadn't been contagious on Monday, after all, just full of fibromyalgia soreness and fatigue). It was a day to bleed, apparently. When the guy went to check my hematocrit it burst from my finger all over his lab coat. They still had to spin my blood to find out if I could give (it never just sinks in the copper sulfate solution--I guess it's a problem with being female). Anyway, the phlebotomist got the vein on the first try, I was done quickly, and chalked up yet another almost-universal-donor gift for life. They didn't have any of that blue co-ban without latex so she had to tape me up with gauze and regular tape, and I liked to never got that off later.

I've never given as often as I could, but mainly do it at bloodmobiles that come to work. (It's not that easy to get to the main centres on the buses. I've only donated once at a centre--it was at the old location, which was easier to get to, and it was September 11, 2001.) But I'm working on my fourth gallon. Of course, I started when I was 17, so I'm kind of slow. But I'm O+, so I get lots of reminders from the blood centre.

I'm also on the bone marrow donation registry, although if I ever go to insulin my diabetes will probably prevent me from donating there. But in the meantime I keep up my contact information should it be needed.

Okay, let's see what I can do about these notes. Time to transfer the recording to the computer for transcription.

No comments: