Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 23, 2010

Speaking of dreams

I had a horrible one night before last where a customer came into the store (which was quite different; it had gas but all the snacks, etc. were basically dark space), kidnapped me, molested me, and generally scared me to death. The police saved the day by catching the person in progress, but then (and somehow this was the worst), the kidnapper was rushed off and I was left alone, traumatised, like so much debris on the ground. It wasn't any real customer's face, just so you know. The guy was I guess my version of a predator from Deliverance. But I woke up really upset. It unsettled me quite a bit. All I know is that the kidnapping itself wasn't nearly as bad as being abandoned by everyone else afterwards when I needed them most.

Weird.

No comments: