Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I like Brandon's math

After work tonight, we went to Meijer because he'd seen the Diet Sunkists I like on sale, buy 3 six-packs get 2 free. All I know is that 30 16.5 oz bottles cost a little over $8, whereas one 20 oz bottle costs $1.58 with tax normally.

Today was a good day, although long. First, there was the Kentucky Medical Library Association meeting and continuing education sessions at the Hospice of the Bluegrass. Our instructor today, Holly Ann Burt, from the Greater Midwest Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, was excellent. I really enjoyed the advanced PubMed searching class we had in the morning, and the afternoon overview on evidence-based practice and PubMed was very useful, although I was flagging towards the end and immediately took an hour-and-a-half nap upon arriving home.

Then it was off to work from 6=10 to check in the truck delivery and put away my part of it, which is generally the cigarettes, anything that needs to be dated, and the cooler items.

Once I got home, I caught up on stories in my newsreader while eating dinner. I was way behind and it took a good hour and a half to make it through everything. I starred quite a few things to share, although I may need to take a rain cheque on writing tonight. I'm starting to get sleepy and I want to at least set up things for something I'll be working on tomorrow.

Hope your weekend is off to a good start. And congratulations to Brandon's wife, Angenette, for passing her boards and gaining her certification.

Okay, time to go. I'll write more tomorrow.

No comments: