Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I won't be blogging tomorrow evening

as I will be away from the computer. Early tomorrow morning my stepfather is coming up to get me and take me to Stanford or Danville (I'm not sure which) so we can have Thanksgiving dinner before my mother goes to work at 2:30 (my mom's a nurse, and that often means working on holidays). I'm going to stay overnight at my grandmother's. She hasn't been doing so well lately. She's walking with a cane, severely diabetic, and has had some serious health issues. I want to make sure I get a chance to spend some time with her now. I'll come back Friday and work at 3:30.

Tonight I worked till a little after 10 pm and I'm home now (obviously, as I'm blogging). I really need to straighten up the house before John comes by, and I'm not sure when that will be. Plus, I need to do laundry. I am thinking of going on to bed and maybe getting a few hours' sleep and then working on it then. It's mostly just picking up stuff that's lying about. I tend to throw everything on the couch when I get home, and I'm terrible at keeping things in their place. Plus, I hang onto things I shouldn't, like printer boxes and recyclables (I have no way to really recycle at my apartment, and no car to take them somewhere like Good Foods Co-op.

Maybe I'll find my coat. :) I suspect it's in a box in the closet. Why I didn't put it on the coat rack, I don't know.

We had a potluck at work this afternoon. I brought fruit salad, something my family always enjoys for Thanksgiving. I used the cherry-heavy fruit cocktail, pineapple, mandarin oranges, with light whipped topping, plus shredded coconut on the side for anyone who wanted that. What I forgot were the bananas and apples, but when I brought the rest home I picked up some bananas from work so that I can put it in mine, anyway. I'll go ahead and mix the coconut in. (That's not part of my family tradition; I just like coconut in my fruit salad.) But we had all sorts of dishes and everyone had a good time.

Well, that's enough for now. I may blog in the morning. If not, and if you're celebrating, Happy Thanksgiving. :)

No comments: