Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

One of my new sweaters still had the security tag on it

I don't think it was Gabriel Brothers', as I saw nothing else tagged like that. Wherever they got it from didn't remove it, so I had to, being very, very careful with a pair of scissors. Unfortunately, the tag itself had left a small hole in the fabric. Fortunately, it has an oversweater, but I need to close the hole before I can wear it so it won't spread, since it is knitted.

I really must find or replace my sewing kit.

I was up early again today, and as a wonder went to bed at 10:30 last night, no doubt because I was still sleepy from the couple of nights before. I almost got up at six (I kept waking up), but settled for eight. So I'm all ready to go. I had to pack a lot of stuff into my backpack, since I'm working (and I'm in pocketless pants, so I couldn't keep my wallet on me if I didn't bring another pair of pants, and of course there's my work shirt). I also have some items I need for a post-work project, plus I need to stop by Kroger today and get a couple of things, so I have another bag for that.

So I think I have everything--both work badges, my backpack, the stuff in my purse. I just have to get my cell phone from the bedroom. Here's to being prepared and not having to do things at the last minute for once. I could get to like this getting up early thing.

PS I can't promise to post more interesting things like news or videos tonight (I probably will come home about 2 or later), but definitely will try to do so tomorrow. Bear with me.

No comments: