Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 01, 2009

I think I improved my foot situation

Yesterday while I was out I bought some new shoes, since the toe in the pair I usually wear was splitting. These are actually boys' work boots from Sketchers, with a non-skid sole. They're high up on the ankle so my foot doesn't roll over like it has been doing. I wore them for the first time today. Other than the normal breaking in, my feet feel so much better. They'll be great for the store, I think. They're black and fairly unobtrusive (they're not exceedingly blocky and they're fairly small, boys' size 7), so I think I can wear them to the hospital, too, so long as I'm not going for anything dressy. I got them at Gabriel Brothers for $30, which seemed reasonable, compared to the $100 or so I'd have paid for most shoes. Plus, if they work out, I may not have to spend the $360 on orthotics. We'll see. But the tendons especially feel much better tonight; there's just a little pain on the soles of my feet from the plantar fasciitis.

No comments: