Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Yummy!

I decided to splurge and get a real meal tonight on my way home. I called in an order to Texas Roadhouse [which oddly enough, got its start in Indiana, according to the menu we have at work, but there's one next door to the gas station where I work] and then walked up to Kroger to get a few things, coming back just as the order came up. I'd hate to be the person who sweeps up the peanut hulls at night--he looked a little shell-shocked, no pun intended. I went ahead and walked home and proceeded to have grilled salmon with lemon butter, a baked potato with butter, cheese, and a little sour cream, rolls with cinnamon butter (yes, there's a lot of butter in their meals), and a house salad with French dressing. I love their croutons. The fish was tender, the baked potato lovely, and everything was very filling. I feel pleasantly full and a little like drowsing. It's the first real meal I've had at home in awhile. I've mostly just had snacks. But I got some garden burgers, cheese, bagels, and cream cheese to help with that for a few days.

Okay, I have achieved culinary bliss. Now I must do a few things before bed. I have to get up early to catch the bus so I can prepare for the game tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: