Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Well

I didn't get up early and clean like I did yesterday, because I got home about 1:30 am and stayed up to 2:30. But the house does look a little better from my endeavours yesterday. And I have a bunch of recyclables in the car I'm taking to the co-op between the two jobs today.

For it is also payday, and I have money for gas. The only reason I was able to go over to a friend's yesterday and pick his husband up from work was because a random lady in the parking lot at work, who had seen me check a gift card to see if there was money on it, gave me $4, and then the manager who was filling in for my boss (who just had her wisdom teeth out) told me to pump another $4 that he'd kicked in. So thank you to both of them. I've done the same for others, so I guess it's coming back to me. So the first order of business today is to go by the store and get some gas and some money, and then go to job #1, where my goal is to clean out storage in our attic as part of our big 'fall haul'. I work the truck tonight, but I've got two hours between jobs and I need to run some errands--the recyclables and also I have something waiting for me at my post office, which is on the south end of the big double circle with radiating streets that is Lexington. I'm on the east side. I only know of five post offices in town, although there may be more. But I'm in another zip code entirely from this one and it's about 8 miles away. Makes no sense that it would be the closest, hmm? Oh, well.

Okay, I'd better go. Whenever I go to the store I usually get sucked into a conversation with my boss, and so I'll need some extra time. :)

No comments: