Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

It was a good day

I slept until noon since I was off for the holiday and only got three and a half hours' sleep the night before. I checked the news and blogged, then took a nice bath and got back in bed to get toasty warm before finally getting up, getting my laundry together, and heading over to my friends' house to do it. I read four chapters of Lumley's The Source, book three of the Necroscope series. Fortunately they're short chapters. We're trying to catch up where I couldn't stay late due to how the buses ran.

It's so nice to drive again, to take 10 minutes to get home rather than an hour, and I managed to get the car back when gas was still low. :)

I didn't get a few things accomplished that I meant to do, like a couple hours of notes and getting my recyclables together and taking them to the bins behind Good Foods. I'll try to get the recyclables in sometime this week.

Tomorrow it's back to work at the hospital, and I'm working at the gas station 3-10 Tuesday, 6-9 Wednesday. I think I have enough time on the latter to go with a friend to do an errand, buy said friend's birthday present (a little late), and pick up a flash drive I saw advertised at Office Max, 4 GB storage for $19.99. I've been pushing the flash drives I have to the limit (they're only 512 MB).

Speaking of birthday presents, this is what YKWIA got me for my birthday (also belated; he gave me mine on his):


Where the Deep Ones Are, by Kenneth Hite and illustrated by Andy Hopp. It's a Lovecraftian take on Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.

Thank You Thank You Thank You! I love it!

No comments: