Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whew!

I started back into therapy Monday. Both my therapist and the nurse practitioner who manages my medicines realised that I was having trouble with depression. My Lamictal was upped to 300 mg per day.

I was honest and told them that my house had gotten overwhelming. I tend to hoard. Like my weight, I do this to keep people away from any sort of intimacy or in 'my space'. I have a very high ignore skill when it comes to clutter, but it makes me miserable at the same time.

So my homework was to do a little a day to make the house better, so that it wouldn't be so overwhelming. That same day I got a notice from our landlords that they're doing a walkthrough of the apartments to check on things today through Friday. The pest control people are also coming today. So I had a little incentive. I knew that I couldn't get the house clean, but I thought I might be able to get it looking a little better.

I concentrated on the mounds of paper, old mail, mostly, plus getting the recyclables out of the house and ready to take to Good Foods' bins. I got up at 7:30 and I've been working ever since. The result? Four lawn-size bags of recyclables plus some drink cartons for recycling, and two more bags of mostly paper mixed with trash that will go to the dumpster on my way to work. The house looks better, and I can see my chair and sofa. I still couldn't find my Obama sticker, though. :( I'll have to see about getting another one. I probably put it in a 'safe place'.

Next on the list is to work on the kitchen, do more dishes, etc. I probably should have done that first but the sheer amount of paper was really getting to me. Hopefully they'll do my apartment tomorrow or Friday.

No comments: