Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

You know, I'm not sure if I've ever linked this before

but it's an issue of 'Cites & Insights' by Walt Crawford that looks at librarian blogs, and includes data on mine. It was published two years ago, in August 2006.

Some interesting tidbits:

Mine was the second oldest included, having started in October 2001. I was 4th in number of posts and 9th in overall length. Two years is a long time. This is post #4,449 and who knows how many words I'm up to.

Anyway, it was interesting, and if I've posted it before, forgive me--my memory is notoriously bad. It's just as well that I'm a librarian--I don't always know something, I just usually know where to look it up. :)

1 comment:

waltc said...

I don't think you ever did mention it before--but my memory's not that great either.

This blog is, of course, included in the new, much larger, survey I'm working on--The Liblog Landscape, 2007-2008--and will also be part of the subset included in one or more chapters looking at the blogs that were in the 2006 survey. The new survey will appear as a book, with some excerpts in C&I, probably very early in 2009 (unless I start working a lot faster!)