Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I feel a little like I dodged a bullet

The good news: my electric bill is paid. I thought I might not be able to, and I barely did.

The bad news: I have $10 and some change to my name until Thursday, and slightly over a quarter of a tank of gas. This should be an interesting week.

Fortunately I get paid at both jobs next week. The only thing that saved me this week is that we got our quarterly bonus at the store, so my cheque was much higher than usual, plus I've been working more.

Today feels strange because I'm only working 3-5 at the store, and not during the truck delivery, either, which I'm almost always there for. She has me working 3-5 most weekedays this coming week, except for Monday, where I have a couple of doctor's appointments.

One nice thing about this for tonight is that I can watch the premiere of 'Supernatural' over at a friend's. And I'm very excited about the return of 'Heroes' on Monday--again, I happened to be able to get off. Yay!

Okay, time to go to work, to get more money, to keep the necessities running. Hope to post soon.

No comments: