Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's really hard to believe

that it's been a year since I had Cerys put down. I miss her, especially when I see people walking their dogs. But I know it was the right thing to do, and she was so frail, it would have been a matter of time anyway. This way she went without suffering.

I've kind of gotten used to a petless house. I've had pets since I was 13, so it seemed odd at first. Every now and then I think of getting a kitten, but let's face it, I'm rarely home--it wouldn't be fair to him or her.

That's pretty much it. I hope wherever she is, Cerys is happy. I doubt dogs have a soul, but I do believe they have a spirit of some sort. And wherever dogs go after death, I hope it's a pleasant place.

Goodbye, my 'beloved' [Cerys is Welsh for 'beloved']. I miss you, my faithful companion.

No comments: