Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 04, 2008

I can't believe I just spent 3 hours

trying to get my new 4.0 GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro with U3 to work in my computer (I had no trouble getting it to work on another one, but it locked mine up and took away my icons, etc.) The culprit was a conflict between MusicMatch and the U3 software. I don't really use MusicMatch anymore, so I canned it. I've also been updating the U3 software and downloading utilities, as well as downloading and installing Service Pack 3 for Windows XP.

All this when I should be sleeping. I'm tired. I'm ready for bed, and hunching over the computer isn't helping my disposition. But everything works now with the disk (although I'm still in the middle of installing SP 3, so maybe I shouldn't jinx myself).

PS The flash drive was on sale for only $19.99. There was one that was 8.0 GB for only $29.99 ($40 off), but they were out of that one, of course. Although, having gone through a lot of trouble just to be able to access my data, maybe that's why they were so cheap. :)

No comments: