Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I have a few minutes before I have to go to work

at the gas station. Yesterday, there was a gas run in Lexington. The rumour was that a station in Nicholasville had raised its prices to $4.75 (nearly a dollar jump), and that ones in Lexington would follow suit, no doubt because of Ike, the hurricane.

When I stopped by one at Tates Creek and Malabu, they were four deep. I stopped last night at the store down the street from ours; they actually ran out of gas entirely. I said something about the rumour and the clerk told me that his sister said that it was $6 where she lives in Indiana. I don't know about that; I know our attorney general would have a fit and threaten action pretty fast. Near midnight the gas was $3.85. It had risen that morning from $3.71, which seemed reasonable given the hurricane. But $4.75? We'll see.

I wonder what the gas price will be when I go into work--and if we'll get any gas business, since just about everyone except me (I didn't have the money) filled their tank yesterday.

No comments: