Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Today was a pink hippo

out of my children's chewable vitamins. Yeah, I know, I'm an adult. But it gives you all the vitamins an adult needs without being a horse pill, and I take enough of those. Speaking of which, I actually remembered to take my metformin at night yesterday. I'm hoping my blood sugar is reasonable this morning (I check it as soon as I get to work, before I eat my oatmeal-to-go bar). Yesterday it was 336 which is SOOOOO unacceptable. That's like send-you-home-on-insulin unacceptable. My blood sugar usually runs in the 170s. I need it down to 120 or so. No wonder I'm having trouble thinking straight. So I'm trying to make little changes that will add up to healthier eating. I should be exercising, too, but I still haven't figured out when would be a good time when I wouldn't have to shower, go to the gym, and then shower again before heading to work.

The snow is minimal, just a dusting. I can't tell how the ice went, but the trees aren't covered or anything.

I want to share a couple of links that YKWIA showed me:

First, the Eden Project. If I ever get to England, I was planning to hit Cornwall, but this is a must. And it's very reasonable in price, for what you get to go through.

Second, bathing machines. I love the Victorians, but they were a little whacko. I'll let you read all about them. My God, what would they think of Britney Spears? They'd die of apoplexy right on the spot, even the ladies of the evening. I now realise that the canvas I've seen in paintings behind women in their bathing attire probably went to these--I just never saw that they were on wheels before. I assumed they were changing tents. Silly me.

I'll try to post some links I've collected that are library-related tonight.

Some more random thoughts--I had to touch up the paint a little last night and only got a smidge on me, which was goods, as I wasn't in my painting clothes. So much easier to paint in bright light, isn't it?

Day before yesterday a huge zit appeared on my forehead. I mean huge, deserves-its-own-name, meet me and my zit kind of thing. I was able to take care of it yesterday when it came to a head. It annoys me that I'm nearly 40 and still dealing with acne. I use a special wash to keep the oil down, but I have combination skin and occasionally have a breakout. This time it was because I'm about to start my period. Sigh. Thank goodness for salacylic acid, that's all I can say.

Okay, I'm half-dressed and Cerys really wants to go out before I head out to work, plus I might have to chip the car out from ice, so I've got to go. Today is a double-header, both jobs, so if I blog tonight, it'll be late.

Have a great day.

No comments: