Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back to the blogosphere

Sorry for the hiatus. I had exactly three hours of sleep between Thursday morning at 9 am and Sunday night at 1 am--during which I worked a 10 hour shift, too--as I worked feverishly to sort and put books on shelves. It was a daunting undertaking, but a lot was accomplishd. Still, there will be more shelves, for there are more books. I really need to put this library on my resume. It's five times as big as the hospital's, although it's a private collection (and about twice as big as mine, so I have book envy). Plus, one good thing, my doom was averted after all.

Yesterday I worked at both jobs, so by the time I got home I was pretty tired and didn't update the blog. Today I still feel a bit hung over, and my neck and back just ache, so I don't feel very well. Still, chin up, I'll eventually catch back up on sleep. On Sunday, the game went well--nobody died or worse--we all had fun. There was a particular moment when one of Brenda's characters explained to one of mine's husband-who's-turned-into-a-girl-because-a-sorceror-switched-bodies-and-then-killed-his that my character is pregnant. That went over nicely, I'm sure. She just blurted out, 'she's preggers' no warning or anything. I don't know what's going to happen with that couple. My character still loves him even though everyone keeps saying they just need to move on and get on with their own lives. What can I say, even when we're not fighting monsters, Cthulhu is weird.

Well, that's it for now. I have a whole lot of links to put up. I'll try to do that later tonight or tomorrow. Take care.

No comments: