Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hello, all

I thought I'd actually post during a weekend, since I was running an anti-spamware scan. Not much has actually happened, although the game was really great today (I got to play, not just take notes; it sucks when one character is pregnant, two are lost in the belly of Yog-Suthoth, and one is in the ICU after his plane fell from the sky). I've been warned for days that it would hurt my head--I even had trouble going to sleep last night in anticipation; it did. I had an ethical dilemma thrown at me and whilst I think I made the best decision (and I was in such a corner that there really wasn't that much else to do), I'm not happy about it, since I had to turn in an ally who happens to be half daemon over to some secret Order who will most likely kill her. I don't think they do that in D&D. You just hack and slash, and maybe backstab your companions if you're not lawful good, but I don't think those players feel bad about what they've done. I do. I love the depth in our game, but sometimes there are difficult moments, and I hate making cut-and-dried decisions like that. I always feel like I'll make the wrong choice.

Friday I paid my fine for the whole headlight-off fiasco and showed them my proof of insurance. It leaves me pretty tight until I get paid at the station, but I didn't have to pay as much up front because I'll be going to traffic school, so that was great. And, at least my rent is paid (even on time).

Yesterday I worked at the station. My boss paid for our dinner; I suspect she was just happy we showed up to work, as our assistant-manager-in-training didn't bother to show up or call. It's amazing how I can actually sustain perkiness for ten hours straight. Before this job, I would have never believed it.

Well, that's all. I may take a quiz or two. I'll write tomorrow. Maybe I'll know about the library job by then--I sent an e-mail on Friday asking about its status. 'Night.

No comments: