Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Man, it's cold

It's 7 degrees outside (that's Fahrenheit, not Celsius), with a predicted low of 2 and a wind chill under 0. Plus it's supposed to snow 2-6 inches tomorrow. I'm always leery of forecasts. A few years ago we had a 'dusting' that turned into 14 inches.

Today it was back to work. I got quite a bit done, although I'm finished cataloguing en masse for now. Among other things, I started the process of shifting all the journals to make room for new ones. That's going to be an endeavour, let me tell you. I wish I could get some volunteers to help, but they usually want to do fun things like play with the kids, not move magazines two feet for along double-sided twelve-foot shelving units.

Then it was errands and notes and taping for another shelving project. I'll start with primer tomorrow night after I get off at the gas station. Oh, and I nearly forgot, Heroes, which is turning out to be a splendid show. The evil Sylar is loose again, there were revelations about Claire's real parents, Hiro took on his father (George Takei), Jessica's loose as well, and Peter got thrown off the top of a 30-storey building by an invisible Dr Who. Really, if you haven't watched it, you should. If you want to catch up on what's happening, try the Wikipedia site, which I love, the official site, the creator's site, or the Heroes 360 experience website.

I wonder if there are and Heroes quizzes out there? I think I'll go look. 'Night.

No comments: