Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Our new person didn't work out

so next week I'm working at the gas station:

Saturday 10-8
Monday 3-8
Tuesday 3-8
Wednesday 3-8

That plus my day job makes 44 hours, so a pretty full week. But the money helps. And at least I get to see Heroes. :)

Today wasn't that bad, although I did work both jobs for a total of 12 hours. I did a lot at both, so I'm pretty tired. I should have been in bed a couple of hours ago, but here I am.

I've decided I need BB King to come to my house and teach me how to use the feature of my glucometre that supposedly allows you to test on your arm rather than your fingers. I've never been able to get it to work. You stick this extender onto the lancet, and it just never seems to let the needle get to the arm. Sometimes it literally can be a pain to use your fingers over and over (although I do rotate which ones I use and which side). Which reminds me, I need to get more strips.

By the way, I now have a new favourite breakfast cereal: Fruity Cheerios. They're smaller than Fruit Loops, have multigrain goodness, are flavoured with real fruit juice, and have 25% less sugar than the leading brand--and they're quite nummy. Of course, I tend to eat cereal at night rather than in the morning (I picked that habit up from my grandfather) so for actual breakfast I have a Quaker Oatmeal-to-Go bar, which is somewhat better than my former usual choice, a Pop Tart, the latter of which have 75% of your recommended carbs in one package. The oatmeal bar is much less than that.

Okay, that's all for now. I need to take care of Cerys and then head on to bed. Tomorrow is court day. I'll let you know how that goes. I would be able to sleep in, but the exterminator is going through the building tomorrow and I'm afraid they'll come in while I'm in the shower unless I'm up at a reasonable hour. 'Night.

No comments: